M.E.E.N. will be held on Tuesday, 8/19 and Wednesday, 8/20/2014
The University of Akron Innovation Practice Center (IPC), the Technology Entrepreneur Center (TEC) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the Center for Entrepreneurship (CFE) at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor announce the fourth annual Midwest Engineering Entrepreneurship Network (M.E.E.N.)
What: In 2011, TEC and CFE recognized the value in establishing an organization that would provide a forum for sharing best practices and methods for overcoming challenges unique to Midwest engineering entrepreneurship centers.
When: Tues, Aug 19 - Wed, Aug 20, 2014
Where: Akron, OH
Sign-in/lunch begins Tuesday at 12 pm. MEEN will end on Wednesday at 1 pm.View tentative agenda here.
Why you should attend:
- Learn how other schools are implementing Lean Launch Pad (LLP) in the curriculum
- See how LLP is used to pull technology out of the labs and into the world
- Find how other universities are breaking down the educational siloes
- Present a best practice in Engineering Entrepreneurship from your organization
- Describe a challenge you are having that the MEEN network may be able to help with
We look forward to sharing and exploring new ideas and tackling the common problems we all face. We hope that you plan to attend!
There is no registration fee to attend this event, but participants are responsible for providing their own transportation and accommodations. *This conference is open to University administration, faculty and staff.
Past participants include: Penn State, Wayne State, Illinois Institute of Technology, Michigan Technological University, Northwestern University, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Akron, University of Iowa, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota and others.