Strategic Technology Management
Individuals who wish to obtain a certificate in Strategic Technology Management must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree
Complete the following core courses:
- ENG/TE 460: Entrepreneurship for Engineers (1 hour)
- ENG/TE 461: Technology Entrepreneurship (3 hours)
- ENG/TE 567: Venture-Funded Startups (1 hour)
Complete any combination of the following elective courses for a total of at least two credit hours:
- ENG/TE 466: High Tech Venture Marketing (2 hours)
- ENG/TE 498: Sustainable Technology: Environmental and Social Impacts of Innovations (4 hours)
- ENG/TE 560: Managing Advanced Technology I (1 hour)
- ENG/TE 565: Technology Innovation and Strategy (2 hours)
- ENG/TE 566: Finance for Engineering Management (2 hours)
- GE 400: Engineering Law (3 hours)*
- ENG/TE 398: Legal Issues in Engineering Entrepreneurship (3 hours)
- Attendance of the Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Workshop & submission of 1-page essay about your experience submitted to Brooke Newell (equivalent to 2 hours course credit)
- Earn at least a B- in each course
- Processing fee: $100. Payment can be made online with a credit card or a check/money order can be mailed. These options are available to choose from in the online application.
*If completed prior to August 2014, students may count GE 400 towards this certificate. If taken after, GE 400 will not count towards this certificate.
If you have any questions, please contact Brooke Newell.