The Technology Entrepreneur Center (TEC) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is pleased to announce the Top 18 finalists in the Cozad New Venture Competition. The Cozad New Venture Competition encourages students to create new businesses on a topic of their choosing and the final event is part of the Entrepreneurship Forum on the University of Illinois’ campus. These students are competing for more than $150,000 in funding and in-kind prizes.
The Top 18 Cozad Finalist Teams are:
- Autonomic Energy Systems enables safe, long-lasting lithium-ion batteries.
- Dibbs | Save food; do good.
- inContAlert allows the elderly to live with dignity and confidence since their lives will no longer be disrupted by urinary incontinence.
- invoq health | We enable doctors to make data-driven clinical decisions at the point of care.
- Lumos Industries Inc. | We are going to turn nuclear waste into energy through our nuclear-renewable hybrid technology.
- Mesh++ solves connectivity issues for public spaces, festivals, constructions sites, and the developing world with flexible, solar-powered WiFi networks that require no existing infrastructure.
- OmniPilot is the first easy-to-use high-precision drone controller. OmniPilot increases the accessibility of drone flight to first responders, consumers, and businesses by minimizing its prohibitive training time and crash risk.
- Optivolt Labs, LLC cuts the reliance on traditional charging methods through our innovative solar battery technology to charge devices anytime, anywhere. Break free from the wall!
- PhantomCor is a heart phantom used to simulate various heart diseases for education, research, and facilitated treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- Pwr. gives you the fastest charge possible when and where you need it, while automatically maintaining the healthy of your battery.
- Stackiverse is the definitive place for users to discover, share, and learn about supplements.
- Steady is a mobile health solution that simplifies caregiving and provides peace of mind by providing comprehensive fall risk management for seniors and their loved ones.
- Therapalz | We build smart, therapeutic companion animals for individuals with Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Trala is an intelligent practice app for musicians that listens to you place your real instrument and provides real-time feedback and motivation to help you learn twice as fast.
- TransIAPI | B-2-C Translation Layer API for India.
- Tweetsense | We replaced polls with a search engine for people's opinion.
- Vesti empowers users to control their finances by removing barriers in peer-to-peer lending for underserved communities.
- VR MD | Ergonomic posture tracking, feedback, and safety training using VR for medical professionals.
The finals will take place on Wednesday, April 26 from 10am-4pm at the Illini Union during the Entrepreneurship Forum!