TE 497 - Independent Study
Recent student independent study experiences:
- Work with Brian Lilly on Young Engineering Initiative in Kibera (Africa).
- Developed program of study for students in K-8 to learn to draw 2D with sketch pad/colored pencils and learn spacial concepts with Legos
- Developed CAD program and how to teach K-8 students to interface between computer and 3D printer
- Students working on this project said:
- "...Englightened me to the importance of engineering as a discipline especially in underdeveloped countries...I will continue to use the skills I developed during this project to drive innovation in my professional career."
- "I greatly value this experience, as it helped me develop the skills I need to pursue my goal of being a globally-engaged educator with a mission of using engineering as a force for social change."
Spring 2018 schedule
|Independent Study||TE497||AS||61346||IND||-||Andrew Singer|
|Independent Study||TE497||BL||61343||IND||-|| Brian Lilly|
|Independent Study||TE497||BV||61348||IND||-||Bruce A Vojak|
|Independent Study||TE497||HLS||64551||IND||-||Harlee Sorkin|
|Independent Study||TE497||JB||61344||IND||-|| Jennifer Bechtel|
|Independent Study||TE497||JMB||61352||IND||-||Joseph M Barich|
|Independent Study||TE497||RC||61347||IND||-||Rhiannon L Clifton|
|Independent Study||TE497||RV||61345||IND||-||Robert M Valli|
|Independent Study||TE497||SC||61349||IND||-||Sanjiv Chopra|
|Independent Study||TE497||SG||68486||LCD||-||Shahbaz S. Gill|
|Independent Study||TE497||SP||61351||IND||-||Sanjay J. Patel|
|Independent Study||TE497||WH||61350||IND||-||Wen-Mei W Hwu|
|Independent Study||TE497||WP||68480||IND||-||William Patterson|