Registration Deadline: Mon., Feb. 3, 2020
Registration Coming Soon
It's easy to apply! Just tell us the names of team members, contact information, and a one-line pitch of your startup idea.
All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to compete for the award regardless of college, department, or major. Students must be enrolled full-time at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign during the academic year in which they are competing. All teams must include at least one full-time student in order to compete.
Later in the process, the Executive Summary is due. Executive Summaries should answer the following questions:
- Title of Business / Concept
- Team Leader Name
- One Line Pitch
- Team: names, capabilities, objectives for each member
- Project Summary: what’s the problem & how do you solve it? Current status of the project?
- Customer Segment: for whom are you creating value?
- Value Proposition: why would they buy?
- Target Market: size, growth, trends
- Competitors: how is the problem currently solved?
- Competitive Advantage: why would a customer choose your solution?
Final Submission Materials: Competition Waiver
All competing students/teams will need to fill out a Competition Waiver and Rules Acknowledgment form included in the application form.