Registration is easy! Just tell us the names of team members, contact information, and a one-line pitch of your startup idea. The deadline to register is February 3, 2020. We are using the YouNoodle platform for Cozad. You will be asked to create a YouNoodle account to register.
Who is eligible to participate? All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to compete for the award regardless of college, department, or major. Students must be enrolled full-time at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign during the academic year in which they are competing. All teams must include at least one full-time student in order to compete.
2. Executive Summary
Later in February 2020, the Executive Summary is due. Executive Summaries should answer the following questions:
- Title of Business / Concept
- Team Leader Name
- One Line Pitch
- Team: names, capabilities, objectives for each member
- Project Summary: what’s the problem & how do you solve it? Current status of the project?
- Customer Segment: for whom are you creating value?
- Value Proposition: why would they buy?
- Target Market: size, growth, trends
- Competitors: how is the problem currently solved?
- Competitive Advantage: why would a customer choose your solution?
3. What else should I know?
- See the timeline below for what to expect as a participant in the Cozad New Venture Challenge. For details, see the Cozad Schedule.
- For full details of the official rules, guidelines, and judging criteria, see Cozad Rules.
- You may wish to customize your startup idea to be eligible for certain category-specific prizes. For a details about last year's prizes that were offered, see the 2018-19 Prize List. The 2019-20 prizes will not be finalized until Spring 2020 and may not include the exact same prizes as 2018-19.