It's easy to apply! Just tell us the names of team members, contact information, and a one-line pitch of your startup idea.
Applications are now closed!!
All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to compete for the award regardless of college, department, or major. Students must be enrolled full-time at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign during the academic year in which they are competing. All teams must include at least one full-time student in order to compete.
Later in the process, the Executive Summary is due. Executive Summaries should answer the following questions:
- Title of Business / Concept
- Team Leader Name
- One Line Pitch
- Team: names, capabilities, objectives for each member
- Project Summary: what’s the problem & how do you solve it? Current status of the project?
- Customer Segment: for whom are you creating value?
- Value Proposition: why would they buy?
- Target Market: size, growth, trends
- Competitors: how is the problem currently solved?
- Competitive Advantage: why would a customer choose your solution?
Final Submission Materials: Competition Waiver
All competing students/teams will need to fill out a Competition Waiver and Rules Acknowledgment form included in the application form.