Harlee Sorkin is co-founder and Managing Director of Common Place Holdings, LLC, a health tech venture studio that provides management & seed funding for companies that it helps to form. This builds upon a 15-year consulting practice with an emphasis on business formation, capitalization, product and customer development. Prior to that, Harlee helped to lead Traco Labs, Inc., a manufacturer of health & nutrition ingredients, to a successful exit to Degussa, AG.
Harlee is the NSF I-Corps program instructor and Entrepreneur-in-Residence at EnterpriseWorks in the Research Park. He holds a BS in Psychology from the University of Illinois.
Recent Courses Taught
- TE 250 - From Idea to Enterprise
- TE 298 HS - Communication Tech Innovators
- TE 398 F - Bootstrap to VC: Fund Startup
- TE 401 C (TE 401 F, TE 401 G) - Develop Breakthrough Projects
- TE 598 HS - Communication Tech Innovators