Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Workshop
The application window for the workshop is now closed! The application will open again in the Fall 2020 semester.
2019-20 Application Schedule
- September 30 at 11:59 pm: Applications due
- October 11: Students notified if selected for an interview
- October 22 - 24: Interviews
- November 6: Students notified if selected for the trip
- November 13: Deadline for students to commit to attending the trip and pay ($650 per student)
- December 12: Student Meet & Greet event during lunch
- January 12 - January 18: TEC's Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Workshop
The Technology Entrepreneur Center and The Grainger College of Engineering annually sends a select group of students to Silicon Valley during winter break for a week long technology entrepreneurship workshop that includes visits to startups and leading technology companies.
The Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Workshop exposes students to technology entrepreneurship, innovation, and leadership, and continues to build an entrepreneurial community at Illinois. Students come back to campus inspired and ready to bring back the skills and knowledge they learned to the Illinois community.
The trip features corporate leaders, venture capitalists, and entrepreneurs in various stages of a startup lifecycle. Students also have opportunities to network with prominent entrepreneurial Illinois alumni.
Students must be full-time, on-campus students for the full academic year (August 2019-May 2020). TEC reserves the right to accept applications after the deadline should all available spaces not fill by that time. Cost for students to attend is $650 per student. This includes your accommodations, airfare and most meals. Limited scholarships are available for qualified students.
For more information contact Stephanie Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org