Innovation, Leadership & Engineering Entrepreneurship (ILEE) BS Dual Degree
The BS dual degree in Innovation, Leadership, and Engineering Entrepreneurship (ILEE) adds value to your primary engineering degree by helping you develop an entrepreneurial and leadership mindset. This degree isn't just for students who want to create a startup--it helps create entrepreneurial-minded leaders who are in demand by large companies as well. A unique aspect of this degree is the inclusion of project-based experiential credits. Note that the ILEE degree is only available as a dual degree for Grainger College of Engineering students.
Please note that starting with the Spring 2022 semester,
ILEE students may take BADM 329 - New Product Development
as a substitute for TE 466 - High Tech Venture Marketing.
Students will be notified when TE 466 becomes available again.
ILEE Application Deadline
- To be eligible for Spring 2022, you must apply by OCTOBER 30, 2021
- NOTE: Students must apply in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th semester at the University, have taken at least 1 required TE course (or if in their 2nd semester, be enrolled in a required TE course), and have worked out a plan with advisors to obtain both their primary engineering degree and the ILEE degree in a timely fashion.
Questions? Contact Keilin Jahnke at email@example.com.
Grainger Engineering/ILEE Dual Degree Information
- Have a desire to develop or build upon your existing innovation, leadership, and/or entrepreneurial skills.
- Have completed at least one semester in The Grainger College of Engineering by December of this year. (Includes Chemical Engineering, LAS)
- Have a minimum cumulative UIUC GPA of 2.25 when applying for the ILEE degree. (The cumulative GPA will be pulled from the system once the current semester ends. This is what's taken into consideration for applications.)
- Be confident that graduation certification by Grainger Engineering will occur within 10 semesters of the ILEE degree starting date.
- Students must apply in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th semester at the University, have taken at least 1 required TE course (or if in the 2nd semester, be enrolled in a required TE course), and have worked out a plan in collaboration with advisors to obtain both their primary engineering degree and the ILEE degree in a timely fashion.
- Complete all requirements specified for the primary engineering degree, and an additional 31 hours for the second (ILEE) degree, for a minimum of 158 credit hours. (Students may work towards the ILEE degree at the same time as the primary degree, OR take the additional 31 credit hours after completing the requirements for the primary degree. For details, see Credit Requirements for Degrees).
- Additional hours for the ILEE degree must be completed on the Urbana-Champaign campus, as noted in University policies, and must be completed over at least one year/two additional semesters (10 semesters to complete both degrees).
- Plan carefully—courses counting toward the ILEE degree cannot be used in meeting primary engineering degree requirements.
- Students must remain in good standing in both the primary degree and the ILEE degree.
ILEE Dual Degree Course Requirements
ILEE ORIENTATION CORE COURSE - TOTAL CREDITS: 1
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|TE 100 (FALL & SPRING) or
TE 200 Innovation LLC (Might only be available in the FALL)
|Introduction to Innovation, Leadership & Engineering Entrepreneurship||1|
ILEE CORE COURSES - TOTAL CREDITS: 30
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|TE 230 (FALL)||Design Thinking/Need-Finding||3|
|TE 250||High-Tech Ventures: From Idea to Enterprise||2|
|TE 333||Creativity, Innovation, Vision||4|
|TE 360||Lectures in Engineering Entrepreneurship||1|
|SE 361 (FALL)||Emotional Intelligence Skills||3|
|TE 398||Innovation & Engineering Design||2|
|TE 401||Developing Breakthrough Projects||4|
|TE 450||Startups: Incorporation, Funding, Contracts, & Intellectual Property||3|
|TE 461||Technology Entrepreneurship||3|
|TE 462 (SPRING)||Leading Sustainable Change (Previously, this course was listed as TE 498-GS)||3|
|TE 466||High Tech Venture Marketing (NOTE: Starting Spring 2022, ILEE students may take BADM 329 - New Product
Development as a substitute for TE 466. Students will be notified when TE 466 again becomes available.)