Innovation, Leadership & Engineering Entrepreneurship (ILEE) BS Dual Degree
The BS dual degree in Innovation, Leadership and Engineering Entrepreneurship (ILEE) program is intended for engineering students to better understand the innovative processes involved in identifying complex technical problems and creating, developing, and leading efforts to provide engineering solutions. A unique aspect of this degree is the inclusion of project-based experiential credits. This is credit that is approved, supervised, and coordinated by an Illinois faculty member. At this time, the ILEE degree is only available as a dual degree for Grainger College of Engineering students.
ILEE Application Deadlines
- To be eligible for Spring 2021, you must apply by OCTOBER 30, 2020 (applications typically open on Sept. 15)
- To be eligible for Fall 2021, you must apply by MARCH 30, 2021 (applications typically open on Feb. 15)
- NOTE: Students must apply in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th semester at the University, have taken at least 1 required TE course (or if in 2nd semester be enrolled in a required TE course), and have worked out a plan in collaboration with advisors to obtain both their primary engineering degree and the ILEE degree in a timely fashion.
- ILEE Application and Instructions here
Questions? Contact Jed Taylor at email@example.com.
Grainger Engineering/ILEE Dual Degree Information
- Have a desire to develop or build upon your existing innovation, leadership, and/or entrepreneurial skills.
- Have completed at least one semester in The Grainger College of Engineering by December of this year. (Includes Chemical Engineering, LAS)
- Have a minimum cumulative Illinois GPA of 2.75 when applying for the ILEE Dual Degree. (The cumulative Illinois GPA will be pulled from the system once the current semester ends. This is what is taken into consideration for applications.)
- Be confident that graduation certification by Grainger Engineering will occur within 10 semesters of the dual degree starting date.
- Students must apply in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th semester at the University, have taken at least 1 required TE course (or if in 2nd semester be enrolled in a required TE course), and have worked out a plan in collaboration with advisors to obtain both their primary engineering degree and the ILEE degree in a timely fashion.
- Complete all requirements specified for the Grainger Engineering "home department"/primary degree, and an additional 30 hours for the second (ILEE) degree, for a minimum of 158 credit hours. (Students may work towards the ILEE degree at the same time as the primary degree, OR take the additional 30 credit hours after completing the requirements for the primary degree. For details, see Credit Requirements for Degrees)
- Additional hours for the ILEE degree must be completed on the Urbana campus, as noted in University policies, and must be completed over at least one year/two additional semesters (10 semesters to complete both degrees)
- Plan carefully—courses counting toward the ILEE degree cannot be used in meeting Grainger Engineering "home department" degree requirements
- GPA REQUIREMENT: Minimum GPA of 2.75 maintained in ILEE core courses and remain in good standing in Grainger Engineering "home department".
ILEE Dual Degree Course Requirements
ILEE ORIENTATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - TOTAL CREDITS: 1
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|TE 100 (FALL & SPRING) or
TE 200 Innovation LLC (FALL)
|Introduction to Innovation, Leadership & Engineering Entrepreneurship||1|
ILEE CORE COURSES - TOTAL CREDITS: 30
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|TE 230 (FALL)||Design Thinking/Need-Finding||3|
|TE 250||High-Tech Ventures: From Idea to Enterprise||2|
|TE 333||Creativity, Innovation, Vision||4|
|TE 360||Lectures in Engineering Entrepreneurship||1|
|SE 361 (FALL)||Emotional Intelligence||3|
|TE 398 (FALL)||Innovation and Engineering Design||2|
|TE 401||Developing Breakthrough Projects||4|
|TE 450||Startups: Incorporation, Funding, Contracts, & Intellectual Property||3|
|TE 461||Technology Entrepreneurship||3|
|TE 466||High Tech Venture Marketing||2|
|TE 498||Leading Sustainable Change||3|