The Technology Commercialization Certificate is designed for undergraduate engineering and science students. However, students of any major may apply.
With an emphasis on creativity and innovation, this certificate program provides students with the knowledge base needed to explore various options for commercializing technology, which is becoming increasingly important for engineers and scientists to understand. The courses allow students to gain a general understanding of the technology commercialization landscape, and how to apply that knowledge.
1. Complete this required course:
- TE 360: Lectures in Engineering Entrepreneurship (1 hr.)
2. Complete at least 4 credit hours of elective courses/activities from the following:
- TE 100: Introduction to Innovation, Leadership and Engineering Entrepreneurship (1 hr.)
- TE 200: Introduction to Innovation (1 hr.) This course is restricted to Innovation LLC students
- TE 250: High Tech Ventures: From Idea to Enterprise (2 hrs.)
- TE 398: Innovation and Engineering Design (2 hrs.)
- TE 401: Developing Breakthrough Projects (2 hrs. - Choose an existing TE 401 course, or propose your own independent course of study.)
- TE 450: Startups: Incorporation, Funding, Contracts, & Intellectual Property (3 hrs.)
- TE 461: Technology Entrepreneurship (3 hrs.)
- TE 466: High Tech Venture Marketing (2 hrs.)
- Participation in the Cozad New Venture Challenge through the finals event (equivalent to 2 hrs. course credit)
- Attend the Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Workshop - A one-page essay about your experience submitted to TEC is required (equivalent to 1 hr. course credit)
- Students must maintain a 3.0 average or better in the courses that make up the certificate program to qualify for the certificate.
- Courses may not be applied towards multiple TEC certificates.
- Students must apply before the beginning of the final semester of the graduating year.
Ready to apply?
Completed your certificate?
Just fill out the form below to let us know that you've completed the requirements of a TEC Certificate.
I've completed a TEC Certificate
Course Substitution Request?
Fill out the form, and we'll be in touch!