The Innovation Certificate is designed for students whose interests and abilities are in entrepreneurship, innovative product design, and transformative technical products and services. The certificate consists of a set of courses that have been designed to encourage students to become more innovative and to generate ideas that have the potential to be breakthrough new products. These courses can be integrated into the typical student's curriculum.
1. Completion of these courses, preferably taken in the following order:
- TE 230: Design Thinking/Need-Finding (3 hrs.)
- TE 333: Creativity, Innovation, Vision (4 hrs.)
- TE 250: From Idea to Enterprise (2 hrs.)
- TE 401: Developing Breakthrough Projects (2 hrs. - Choose an existing TE 401 course, or propose your own independent course of study.)
2. Attendance of 2 innovative extracurricular events. Choose from the following:
- Cozad New Venture Challenge
- TEC Workshops
- Other events as approved
- Courses may not be applied towards multiple TEC certificates.
- Students must apply before the beginning of the final semester of the graduating year.
|If you submit your completion form by:||You can expect to receive your certificate by:|
|January 15||February 1|
|June 1||June 15|
|September 1||September 15|
Ready to apply?
Start by filling out the application.
I'm applying to begin a TEC Certificate
Completed your certificate?
Just fill out the form below to let us know that you've completed the requirements of a TEC Certificate.
I've completed a TEC Certificate
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Course Substitution Request?
Fill out the form, and we'll be in touch!