The Innovation Certificate is designed for students whose interests and abilities are in entrepreneurship, innovative product design, and transformative technical products and services. The certificate consists of a set of courses that have been designed to encourage students to become more innovative and to generate ideas that have the potential to be breakthrough new products. These courses can be integrated into the typical student's curriculum.
1. Completion of these courses, preferably taken in the following order:
- TE 230: Design Thinking/Need-Finding (3 hrs.)
- TE 333: Creativity, Innovation, Vision (4 hrs.)
- TE 250: From Idea to Enterprise (2 hrs.)
- TE 401: Developing Breakthrough Projects (2 hrs. - Choose an existing TE 401 course, or propose your own independent course of study.)
2. Attendance of 2 innovative extracurricular events. Choose from the following:
- Courses may not be applied towards multiple TEC certificates.
- Students must apply before the beginning of the final semester of the graduating year.
Course Substitution Request?
Fill out the form, and we'll be in touch!