Strategic Technology Management
The Strategic Technology Management Certificate is a GRADUATE LEVEL program for students with an engineering background who aspire to lead a venture, make higher level strategic technology/business decisions, and develop leadership skills. This certificate will help students understand how to incubate new ventures, and participate in the process of innovation and market adoption within corporate environments. These courses are applicable to students who are or want to be entrepreneurial in starting a company, working for a startup, or bringing strategic technology management skills into their career at an existing company.
1. Hold a bachelor's degree
2. Complete these core courses:
- TE 460: Lectures in Engineering Entrepreneurship (1 hr.)
- TE 461: Technology Entrepreneurship (3 hrs.)
- TE 567: Venture-Funded Startups (1 hr.)
3. Complete at least 2 credit hours of elective courses/activities from the following:
- TE 401: Developing Breakthrough Projects (2 hrs. - Choose an existing TE 401 course, or propose your own independent course of study.)
- TE 450: Startups: Incorporation, Funding, Contracts, and Intellectual Property (3 hrs.)
- TE 466: High Tech Venture Marketing (2 hrs.)
- TE 565: Technology Innovation and Strategy (2 hrs.)
- TE 566: Finance for Engineering Management (2 hrs.)
- Attend the Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Workshop - A one-page essay about your experience submitted to TEC is required (equivalent to 1 hr. course credit).
- Students must earn a B- or better in the courses that make up the certificate program to qualify for the certificate.
- Courses may not be applied toward multiple TEC certificates.
- Students must apply before the beginning of the final semester of graduating year.
|If you submit your completion form by:||You can expect to receive your certificate by:|
|January 15||February 1|
|June 1||June 15|
|September 1||September 15|
Ready to apply?
Start by filling out the application.
I'm applying to begin a TEC Certificate
Completed your certificate?
Just fill out the form below to let us know that you've completed the requirements of a TEC Certificate.
I've completed a TEC Certificate
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Substitution Request?
Fill out the form, and we'll be in touch!