Business Management for Engineers
The Business Management for Engineers certificate is a GRADUATE LEVEL program designed for students with an engineering or technology background who aspire to rise in management, make higher level strategic business decisions, and hone leadership skills. This certificate will provide students with the tools necessary in proposing and managing initiatives and evaluating technology innovation from a business standpoint. These courses are applicable to students who are/want to be entrepreneurial in starting a company, working for a startup, or bringing business management skills into their career at an existing company.
1. Hold a bachelor's degree
2. Complete these core courses:
- TE 460: Lectures in Engineering Entrepreneurship (1 hr.)
- TE 565: Technology Innovation and Strategy (2 hrs.)
- TE 567: Venture Funded Startups (1 hr.)
3. Complete at least 2 credit hours of elective courses/activities from the following:
- TE 401: Developing Breakthrough Projects (2 hrs. - Choose an existing TE 401 course, or propose your own independent course of study.)
- TE 450: Startups: Incorporation, Funding, Contracts, and Intellectual Property (3 hrs.)
- TE 466: High Tech Venture Marketing (2 hrs.)
- TE 566: Finance for Engineering Management (2 hrs.)
- Attend the Silicon Valley Entrepreneurship Workshop - A one-page essay about your experience submitted to TEC is required (equivalent to 1 hr. course credit)
- Students must earn a B- or better in the courses that make up the certificate program to qualify for the certificate.
- Courses may not be applied towards multiple TEC certificates.
- Students must apply before the beginning of the final semester of the graduating year.
Ready to apply?
Completed your certificate?
Just fill out the form below to let us know that you've completed the requirements of a TEC Certificate.
I've completed a TEC Certificate
Course Substitution Request?
Fill out the form, and we'll be in touch!