Business Management for Engineers
Individuals who wish to obtain a certificate in Business Management for Engineers must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree
- Complete the following core courses:
- TE 460: Lectures in Engineering Entrepreneurship (1 hour)
- TE 560: Managing Advanced Technology I (1 hour)*
- TE 565: Technology Innovation and Strategy (2 hours)
- Complete any combination of the following elective courses for a total of at least two credit hours:
- GE 400: Engineering Law (3 hours)**
- TE 401: Developing Breakthrough Projects (1 hour)
- TE 450: Startups: Inc, Fund, Contracts, IP (3 hours)***
- TE 466: High Tech Venture Marketing (2 hours)
- TE 566: Finance for Engineering Management (2 hours)
- Attendance of the Silicon Valley Workshop
- Submission of 1-page essay about your experience submitted to TEC (equivalent to 1 hour course credit) is required
- Earn at least a B- in each course
- Processing fee: $100. Payment can be made online with a credit card or a check/money order can be mailed. These options are available to choose from in the online application.If payment represents a hardship, there is an option to waive the processing fee. When you go to apply for the certificate, in the payment options, you will see this as an option.
Once you've completed the requirements, please fill out the certificate application:
*May substitute another elective listed below if haven't taken ENG/TE 560 before August 2016.
**If completed prior to August 2014, students may count GE 400 towards this certificate. If taken after, GE 400 will not count towards this certificate.
***This course was previously called ENG/TE 398: Legal Issues in Engineering Entrepreneurship
If you have any questions, please contact Terry Cole at email@example.com