The Innovation Certificate is designed for students whose interests and abilities are in entrepreneurship, innovative product design, and transformative technical products and services. The certificate consists of a set of courses that have been designed to encourage students to become more innovative and to generate ideas that have the potential to be breakthrough new products. These courses can be integrated into the typical student's curriculum.
Students who wish to apply for the Innovation Certificate program must apply during their Freshman or Sophomore year.
Completion of these courses, preferably taken in the following order:
- TE 230: Design Thinking/Need-Finding - An in-depth course on finding and understanding customer problems and creating solutions to meet those needs. (3 hrs.)
- TE 333: Creativity, Innovation, Vision - Enhancement of personal creativity via exploration of the nature of creativity, how creativity works, and how to envision what others may not. (4 hrs.)
- TE 250: High Tech Ventures: From Idea to Enterprise - This class examines the fundamentals of technology entrepreneurship and addresses critical areas of the entrepreneurship process. (2 hrs.)
- TE 401: Developing Breakthrough Projects - Project-based exploration with teams of students working together in a large innovation and entrepreneurial context. (2 hrs.)
- Courses may not be applied towards multiple TEC Certificates.
Attendance of 2 innovative extracurricular events
- Choose from the following: SocialFuse, Cozad New Venture Challenge, TEC Workshops, or others as approved.
Students must apply before the beginning of the final semester of graduating year
Start by filling out the certificate application, then contact Terry Cole at email@example.com to discuss details.