TEC is looking for a TA for Spring 2017
10/11/2016 11:33:05 AM
TEC Spring 2017 Teaching Assistant (TA) for
TE 360/460: Lectures in Engineering Entrepreneurship
The Technology Entrepreneur Center (TEC) is looking for a TA for Spring 2017 for TE 360/460.
About TEC (tec.illinois.edu):
The Technology Entrepreneur Center (TEC) provides students and faculty with the skills, resources and experiences necessary to become successful innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders who tackle grand challenges and change the world. TEC offers on campus and online courses and certificate programs and hosts outreach activities for students and alumni. TEC now offers a dual degree in Innovation, Leadership and Engineering Entrepreneurship (ILEE) to College of Engineering students. TEC also administers the annual Cozad New Venture Competition and the Illinois Innovation Prize, among several other programs.
TA Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Jed Taylor and Professor Andy singer with course as needed
- Take and record attendance weekly
- Organize compass site and post assignments
- Keep students informed on upcoming deadlines
- Assist with grading assignments
- Provide overall assistance with this course to the instructors.
- Must be a currently enrolled Undergraduate or Graduate student at the University of Illinois.
- Must be able to commit to 5-10 hours per week. This includes class attendance, which is Thursday evenings from 5-6:20 pm and weekly office hours.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint for Windows.
- Must be self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Must have entrepreneurship background/knowledge
To ensure full consideration, please send a cover letter and resume by email to Brooke Newell at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 26, 2016.