Registration is easy! Just tell us the names of team members, contact information, and a one-line pitch of your startup idea. The deadline to register for the 2020-21 academic year is TBD. We are using the YouNoodle platform for Cozad. You will be asked to create a YouNoodle account to register.
Who is eligible to participate? All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to compete for the award regardless of college, department, or major. Students must be enrolled full-time at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign during the academic year in which they are competing. All teams must include at least one full-time student in order to compete.
Later, the Executive Summary will be due. Executive Summaries should answer the following questions:
- Title of Business / Concept
- Team Leader Name
- One Line Pitch
- Team: names, capabilities, objectives for each member
- Project Summary: what’s the problem & how do you solve it? Current status of the project?
- Customer Segment: for whom are you creating value?
- Value Proposition: why would they buy?
- Target Market: size, growth, trends
- Competitors: how is the problem currently solved?
- Competitive Advantage: why would a customer choose your solution?
What else should I know?
- For full details of the official rules, guidelines, and judging criteria, see Cozad Rules.
- You may wish to customize your startup idea to be eligible for certain category-specific prizes. For a details about prizes that were offered in 2018-19, see the 2018-19 Prize List. Prizes may differ from year to year.