EILC National Workshop
Engineering Innovation Leadership Council (EILC) Virtual Meeting
Wednesday, July 14 | 1:00-2:30pm CST
No fees to attend.
This second convening will focus on networking and community building, recapping what was accomplished so far, and gathering input on what network participants want to concentrate on this year. We will also discuss the importance of positioning your university to respond to emergent funding opportunities at the federal level and building regionally focused ecosystems.
Who Should Attend?
We welcome College of Engineering Associate Deans/Vice Deans of Research, Associate Deans/Vice Deans of Innovation and/or Entrepreneurship, & University Innovation and/or Entrepreneurship Center Directors to attend.
What is EILC?
EILC connects leaders in Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Colleges of Engineering across the nation to support, enhance, and advance the innovation environment at research institutions.
In February 2020, our first workshop was held with the goal to align engineering colleges, research institutions, and national resources to accelerate the development of the national innovation ecosystem through a network of academic leaders in engineering innovation. We are now offering several virtual meetings leading up to an in-person meeting in 2022.
Save the Date for Future EILC Meetings
Oct. 13, 2021, Jan. 12, 2022, and Apr. 13, 2022. Each date is the second Wednesday of each quarter.
Steering Committee Members
- Tom Byers | Entrepreneurship Professor and Faculty Director of the Stanford Technology Ventures Program, Stanford University
- Ellis Meng | Vice Dean for Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California
- Rod Priestley | Vice Dean for Innovation, and Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Princeton University
- Andrew Singer | Faculty Fellow for Research Innovation and Entrepreneurship Strategies in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation, and Associate Dean for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Grainger College of Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Phil Weilerstein | Chief Executive, VentureWell
SPONSORED BY THE NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION
The First EILC National Workshop | 2020
The 2020 EILC National Workshop Discussions focused on:
- Role of Engineering Associate Dean of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Ecosystem Building, Campus Policies, Conflict Management, and Ethics
- Faculty Engagement, Promotion and Tenure, and Incentives
- Student Engagement, Curriculum, and Co-Curricular Programs
- Goals: To align engineering colleges, research institutions, and national resources to accelerate development of the national innovation ecosystem through a network of academic leaders in engineering innovation.